Sunday, July 31, 2011

MOMS LOG?

I'm feeling a little Trekkie this afternoon and thought of starting out with "Mom's log - Maroney date 7312011.  Morgan read in the paper today that J.J. Abrams is doing another Star Trek film with Chris Pine to be released Summer 2012.  Star Trek with Chris Pine is a Morgan favorite!  Star Trek in general is a Randy favorite.  Although I must admit that Mom's log- Maroney date 7312011 isn't near as cool sounding as CAPTAINS LOG STAR DATE,  etc.

Okay I'm also in a bit of a strange mood, but I thought that my girls away from home would be excited about the news.   

This week I had the crazy idea to send Alison some Hugs from Home.  She wrote about it on her blog.  Grant, Cami, Randy and I each made lovingly stretched out arms and mailed them to Alison.  I took a picture of Randy writing his personal note as proof that he did his own writing.  I was shocked at his perfect penmanship!  Kind of put mine to shame. 


Our fruit harvest this year is "slim pickin's"!  We love homemade jams, so this year I have been purchasing fruit as it goes on sale at the grocery store.  I have made Cherry, Plum. and Vanilla- cardamom Plum.  The vanilla-cardamom Plum was a new recipe that I wanted to try.  Probably will not make it again.  It tastes okay, but the spices hide the wonderful flavor of plum.  I will probably use most of it in thumbprint cookies and danish pastries.  I also have also made grape jelly and frozen grapes.  Our grapevines are doing well.  Tomatoes are starting to ripen.  I canned six pints this week and will can again tomorrow evening. 

 Tomatoes and Plum Jams


THE CHALLENGE

Randy has a car project in the carport that he is doing on the side.  I was quizzing him about it yesterday.  I asked how much longer it would take to finish the  project.  Would it be done by Thanksgiving?  It would be nice to set the Ping-Pong table up for the holidays.  To my surprise he said, "Oh, it won't take that long, probably only another couple months/"  Hurray!  was my thought.
 


Then I walked into the pantry and saw my project.  Pecans that have been sitting on the floor WAITING to be shelled.   I thought to myself, could I get them shelled by the time Randy finishes the Blazer?  I LOVE a personal challenge!  Plus, it would be great to have the nuts for holiday baking!!!!  So, can I get the nuts shelled by the time Randy finishes the Blazer?    I'll keep you posted.  Help from others will be accepted :)

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely in a strange mood but I like it. I LOVE YOU MOM.

    ReplyDelete