Friday, July 9, 2010

4th times a charm? or Mt. Lemmon

4th times a charm? This is my fourth attempt to do this post! Let's see if I can get it right this time.
Mt. Lemmon
The summer of 2003 Randy was on Mt. Lemmon with the scout troop. I decided to head to Mt. Lemmon with the kids for a day hike, visit Summer Haven, buy some fudge and visit "Dad". That was the week the Aspen fire started. Randy and the scouts evacuated camp and headed home earlier. The kids and I never made it up the mountain :(
Yesterday Randy and I drove up Catalina Highway to the top of Mt. Lemmon. It was a beautiful drive.
We went to Sky Valley for a ride on the lift.

The weather was cool, slightly overcast and we even got a few sprinkles. We walked around for a little bit when we got to the top. Much of the view of the top showed the damage done by the 2003 fire. I was grateful to see many small pines growing.


Beautiful view on the trip down. Many of the trees had burn marks on the trunks.



We went to Summer Haven and had pizza at the Cookie Cabin.




This is the Ice Cream Cookie. We didn't get one. I believe that it would take as least four if not more people to eat it. It starts with a plate sized cookie of your choice top with ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
Yes, after our dinner at the Cookie Cabin, we went to the Mt. Lemmon General Store and bought Chocolate Pecan, Butter Pecan, Vanilla Walnut and Heath Toffee fudge. Yum!






1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your blog. Now that I am back at work I haven't blogged much. It may take a while to get back.

    ReplyDelete