Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Family, Fun, & Food

Wednesday is a family dinner night.  The grandchildren enjoy play time at Grandma and Grandpa's.  We read, go for walks, do projects, and play outside.  Tonight's dinner was foil dinners and s'mores.  Dining alfresco and roasting marshmallows made for a wonderful evening.  
 
 
 Spencer and his parents have chicken.  For my birthday they gave me 'art'isan eggs. 
 
 
"I always get the table ready long before the guests arrive, because once I get involved with cooking I won't want to be bothered, and also because I want people to arrive and see the table ready and think, 'They were expecting me!' " - Alice Waters, The Art of Simple Food, page 38.

 
Morgan and Spencer's fancy napkin folds.
 
 
Kathy hosted a delightful baby shower for Morgan in March. 
Food and games were story book themed.
 
For Mother's day I requested breakfast on the back porch. 
The Menu - Eggs on toasted buns smothered in sausage gravy, Hash browns, Cantaloupe and Grapefruit juice.  After a few bites Randy said, "This is why we seldom go out to eat, you can't get food this good at a restaurant."  He was right!
 

 
"No chef on earth can prepare a meal as tasty as
the one you make for yourself in your own kitchen"
 George Orwell from Down and Out in Paris and London

1 comment: